Monday, March 21, 2011

The early birdy catches the wormy.

As a general rule of thumb, my family has always been the type that welcomes a plethora of animals into our home. I can't ever remember not having a dog as I was growing up, or sometimes even multiple dogs. It always seems like we are adding to our already existing zoo, and I couldn't be more enthused. I've been an animal lover ever since I could breath, and that works just perfectly with the current four dogs, two cats, two birds and million fish that we so carefully keep. Admittedly, one dog, cat and newly acquired bird are mine, but what can I say, I'm an animal girl! Over Spring Break I got this little guy from a friend, he's was just so darn cute I couldn't pass up the chance to add to my ever growing collection of furry (and now fluffy) friends. I've dubbed him to be named Azul, and that really speaks for his insanely vibrant colors that can only be fully appreciated in person. Trust me, these pictures don't do him much justice. && you'll definitely expect to see more of him, he tends to sit on my fingers about 80% of the day. :)





P.S. I am sure you as you all having been wondering, this is my exciting news!

Love, Alysha E. Marie
<3

6 comments:

  1. oooh my gosh! He is so cute!! And Azul is a great name for him.. I love his coloring :)


    http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww isn't he cute? I love yellow and green budgies because they're colours are so vibrant. It's lovely that he sits on your finger too :)
    When my Mum was young she had loads of budgies, and apparently one talked! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! He is just splendid and only a few months old, so I can't wait until these pretty colors get even more vibrant!
    Emma, I have been trying to teach him to say "pretty bird", but mostly he just wants to sing to me. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a particularly 'birdy' person but he is beautiful! His colours would make good inspiration for painting a room he's so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vintage Sparkle,
    Funny things is, I have been totally infatuated with these colors ever since I got him. I love the different shades of blue and they drove me to buy a dress that very much resembles his colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I would love to see that dress xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting, I really appreciate anyone's insight. && be sure to leave the link to your blog so that I can check it out! <3