Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sometimes, we have to get lost to find ourselves.






Outfit Details:
Vintage Style White Frills Dress - Thrifted
Cotton Button Up - Forever 21
Black Leather Handbag - Zumiez
Gianni Bini Pumps - Sears
Pink Charm Bracelet - A Gift From My Mom

I was surprised at how much black I actually wore on this particular day, I was going for a very modest and churchy look at the time and I feel as though I accomplished just that.  I have hardly any black pieces of clothing or accessories, so a good portion of those are featured in this outfit.  Those pumps you see there were my very first high heel shoes [other than the wee little ones my mother purchased when I was a little rascal].  I remember when I got them I was beginning to explore other fashions besides my boyish set of jeans and converse.  I will always be partial to these beauties; they are the perfect size and shape and are only about a five inch heel, so they are beyond comfortable.

It is difficult to believe that I ever sported the boyish look, even to me it seems like another life or something awkward like that.  I was very into being a tomboy and loved getting messy with the boys [even though boys were icky and had cooties] and holey jeans were my best friend.  I guess it takes everyone a while to settle into their own and find their true fashion and their true self.  Looks like I grew up to be a total girl.  You know what I mean, I rejoice when  I spot something pink and wince at the thought of a spider.  
Ohh the joys of growing up. (:

P.S. This posting definitely would not have happened today if it had not been per the request of my number one fan, so it is for this, that I dedicate today's posting to you. You know who you are. Lots of love. <3


Love, Alysha E. Marie
<3

4 comments:

  1. Good choice Alysha, very pretty.
    <3 Lotus

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the all black with the lace peeking out. churchy with a zip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was a really color day, but I didn't want to totally blackout myself. The white lace serves as a pop of extra color for that reason. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting, I really appreciate anyone's insight. && be sure to leave the link to your blog so that I can check it out! <3