Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jack Johnson wrote that song for me.







Outfit Details:
Floral Lace Skirt - Wet Seal
Yellow Front Cardigan - Charlotte Russe
White Under Shirt - Wet Seal
Pink Under Shirt - Wet Seal
Bronze Wedge Sandal - Payless
Metallic Gold Date Night Handbag - Ross
Bouquet Necklace - A Gift From My Mom
Pink Flower Ring - Forever 21

Ever since I was a little girl, I can remember my Daddy always saying, “There’s nothing new under the sun.” Now what did he mean by this? Simply that no idea, thought or action was something new, or something that has not already been thought about or carried out by someone else. As disheartening as this may seem, I believe that it is absolutely true. However, this is not to say that uniqueness does not exist. You see, there may be another girl down the block that has the same dress that you have, but I guarantee that the two of you never wear it in exactly the same way. && that is what makes that dress unique to you. Once you put on that dress and accessorize it to your liking, you have made it a part of you; a part of your psyche.

This is the main reason that I am so in love with fashion and all of the possibilities that it holds, because you create yourself, your inner personality and soul through the way that you dress. Whether you go for the edgy look, the street look or the girlie look, you are representing yourself through clothing, whether you realize it or not, and I think that is beautiful.

I encourage everyone to ponder this the next time you “throw something on your back”.


Love, Alysha E. Marie
<3

5 comments:

  1. oooh yes! I totally agree. My favorite quote is: "You should know by now that someone's always been there, long before you. You're never going to be the only one"
    It is from one of Mason Jennings' songs called Darkness Between the Fireflies.
    I also agree about how fashion can be so personal and unique.. This was a great post Alysha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true. this is a very cute skirt! and your colors are right on for spring and summer!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post !! I really like ur style and outfit, so cute, your blog is very nice, we could follow each other, please follow me and tell me what do u think about my blog, I would appreciate any opinion,
    http://fashionmusthavemaria.blogspot.com/
    I'LL FOLLOW BACK
    kisses from spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww the ring adds a great touch to all the floral!

    And that statement seems very disheartening on the surface, but it's true - you just have to put a positive spin on it. I agree about style - I love it because it's all your own and you can make it reflect yourself anyway you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you have reasoning behind what you wear, for true self-expression and not following short-sighted trends. Good insight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting, I really appreciate anyone's insight. && be sure to leave the link to your blog so that I can check it out! <3