Monday, December 5, 2011

There is thunder in our hearts.

This outfit is one that I out together for Thanksgiving with my family.  I
especially love the colors in the coats, they seemed very fitting to me since they are Thanksgivingy colors. Enjoy! :)








Outfit Details:
Dark Blue Jeans - Sears
Gray Close Knit Sweater - Forever 21
Black Leather Capella Boots - Charlotte Russe
Classic Pea Plaid Coat with Faux Fur - Ross
Deer Necklace - Clairs
Vintage Red Crystal Ring - A Gift From My Parents


If it weren't for the careful guidance of my wonderful, trustworthy mother, I would be hopelessy drowning in the life that  I try desperately to shape into my own.  These past few weeks have been such a hassle with trying to figure out where I stand.  I love having a mother that truly cares about my well being and who can truly help me to see my faults and where I can make corrections.

You see.... Ever since I can remember I have been an extreme push over, maybe even an extreme people pleaser.  I don't know how this unfortunate habit developed, but until recently I never saw it as anything to be concerned about.  Afterall, isn't it good to be there for everyone when they need it and do everything that you can for everyone when they need it? No, I see now that it isn't. I see now that I have left myself open to manipulation from many different parties over the years.

My game face is shameful. I do nothing for myself, and if I do, it only last for short times until I stop doing it completely to make room for the needs of others. I say no more.

What an eye opener this week has been!  && because of this discovery, I intend to begin the journey of self discovery and self happiness.
I am willing and I am ready. Wish me luck!

As a side note, are there any other self admitted people pleasers out there? 



Love, Alysha E. Marie
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting, I really appreciate anyone's insight. && be sure to leave the link to your blog so that I can check it out! <3